Monday, October 19, 2009

Jordyn's Blessing and Tyson's Baptism

We have had a busy couple of weeks. Last weekend was so busy, but oh so much fun! On Saturday, we had Tyson's baptism. Several family members were able to come support him and we are so happy to have had so much support. We had cake and ice cream at the house after the baptism to celebrate his decision to get baptized and also a happy birthday for all the kids. Then Sunday, we were able to get Tyson confirmed and Jordyn was able to receive her baby blessing. It was a wonderful day and again we had so much family support. Nothing is better than having a lot of family around. We had dinner, treats, laughs, games, and more food afterwards. I absolutely love getting together with the family. Yes, sometimes it is chaotic, especially with 8 children ages 10 and younger running around the house. But I love watching all of the cousins laughing and playing together. We were also lucky enough to have some of Greg's family up to support the family and are so appreciative to them for their love and support. Greg's sister, Tamara brought her 2 children and Greg's mother. Now you have to understand, my children absolutely love these 2 kids. When they found out 2 days prior that Scott and Elise would be coming, they couldn't wait for that day to come. They follow them around and Scott and Elise are so good with my kids and I so appreciate all the help they gave with getting kids ready and entertaining them. Thanks Scott and Elise.
Now to some pics of Tyson and Jordyn.
This dress is the same dress that I was blessed in. It has been well worn with my sister being blessed in it as well as Kamryn, and my 2 nieces. I love the tradition of having all the girls blessed in this dress and it is still is such great condition. So simple, yet elegant. And my sister in law made the hair bow. So adorable. She does a great job and actually sells them at Just Bee Scrapin' in Brigham City. You should swing by and check out Daisyheadz sometime. The blanket was crocheted by a dear friend of mine from work, she does such a wonderful job and the blanket is gorgeous. Thanks Kathleen! She also made a blessing blanket for Kamryn. I think it's neat to have each girl have their own blanket.





And here is my Tyson, such a handsome young man. He was so excited, yet nervous to get baptized and kept asking questions about what he should do or how he should look while there. It was so cute. You will notice a couple of leis that Tyson is wearing. My brother in law is Tongan and it is Tongan tradition to give kids getting baptized leis with either money or candy or both. And my sister is so wonderful and has made both these leis for Caden's baptism and now for Tyson's. I think she is getting herself set up to make them for all of the cousins. I think it's great. And we have been trying to encourage the boys to save the money on the leis for their mission and so far, Caden hasn't used any of his and the money lei is still intact. Wonderful tradition. We also get the kids their first set of scriptures when they are baptized and they think that is great to be able to take their on scriptures to primary.












Thanks again to all of the support from wonderful family and friends!




5 comments:

Mekenzie said...

Cute, cute pictures!! Jordyn is such a doll! And congratulations to Tyson! I told Gran she has to start making baby blankets for me, she calls it for my 'no hope chest' haha. We miss you and can't wait for you to come back to work!!

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a fun weekend...isn't it nice when you get to have two great days all at one time.

Britney said...

Wow, you have been busy! And I know you hosted bunco in that week too! Whew. Love the pictures, how fun to have two special church events so close together!

Gardiner said...

LOVE IT!! Jordyn is such a doll! You sure do know how to make cute babies! I hope you are enjoying your time off of work! LUCKY!! I miss you lots.

p.s. Mekenzie- you bag, leave me a comment once in a while, or even return my texts.

The Hammons' said...

Jordyn is absolutely darling!! I love the blessing blanket.....how do I get in on that deal? (just kidding) Kathleen is great to me in other ways! Tyson looks handsome too. I'm jealous your big day is over. Lucy will get baptised in January and our little man this weekend. You were smart to do it all at once. Good job!