Wednesday, February 11, 2009

and finally... Introducing ...

Becky had her baby on Sunday. She delivered VBAC, meaning vaginal birth after cesarean. She did great. Beautiful baby boy: Siaosi Manu James Viataki (I think that is how you spell it?) We had a very busy Sunday. My dad was called to be the Bishop in our ward and his setting apart was Sunday. Becky called me at 4:30am telling me she was heading to the hospital. I called my mom, we got ready and headed to Ogden Regional Hospital. Our church was at 11:00am. Becky was dilated to 7 at about 10:00am. My brother came down and picked my mom up to take her to sacrament to be with my dad. It was really hard for her to leave Becky, but I stayed behind to be the support person. My dad, Greg, my brother, and my mom all took their cell phones to church. I'm texting Greg with updates during sacrament meeting and he would pass his phone along the line of family members so they all knew what was going on. After sacrament my mom is pacing in the foyer, waiting for the news. I guess it was a funny sight. Meanwhile I'm at the hospital with Becky helping her deliver. It was wonderful, thanks for the opportunity to be there sis! And what a beautiful baby boy! She delivered at 12:35pm. He weighed in at 8lb 1 oz. I was able to make it home just in time to change into a dress and get to the stake center for my dad's setting apart. We then went to my mom's had a small something to eat and then some of us headed back to the hospital to see Becky and the baby. It was very busy and stressful. But they are both home and doing really well.

4 comments:

Monica said...

What a cutie! I can't believe she has delivered already, that went fast! I'm glad everything went well, she was lucky to have you there to help her. Tell them congrats from us!!

The Hammons' said...

Wow, congrats! That's awesome she had a VBAC and all went well, good for her. Beautiful baby...busy day. That's wonderful for your dad. Tell your mom she should read "Side by Side". It's a wonderful book to help with the stress. I can't imagine her blood pressure that day. Good for all of you!

Desiree Hansen said...

Wow!! That was a crazy Sunday. I'm so excited to meet the newest of the Grandpa Hansen Crew!

Annie said...

So cute and way to go updating your blog! Cameron's room is super cute!