Wednesday, February 11, 2009

*busy* bUsY* BuSy* BUSY*

Wow, time flies, especially when you are busy. So I am going to attempt updating this thing. There will be several posts so all the pics can be posted. So keep scrolling down to get all the updates and posts! So in no particular order, we will start with Kamryn cuz those are the first pics I found. We mostly finished her room, yeah! Just need to paint the closet doors and put the window seal in and decorate the walls. Here are some pics, didn't the floor turn out great! And Greg said it wasn't too bad to refinish, except when he spilled the lacquer in the hallway on the carpet. Yeah, now everytime you walk down the hall, if you don't watch your step, you get a rude awakening to your barefeet stepping on hard crunchy carpet. Oh well, eventually that will be hardwood as well.

So this is Kamryn trying to help us put her bed together, that was fun!



I really think she likes her new room, no brothers to bother her.



Bright and bold pink, I know, but I love it! And the scallop thing above the window, yeah those are above almost all the windows in my house, don't know if I'll keep all of them, but thought it was kind of cute in here. I want to put a vinyl quote on it, something like: "Princess - daughter of a Heavenly King" What do you think?


Yesterday, Greg was trying to teach Tyson & Austin how to clean the bathroom and show them what happens when they miss the toilet when peeing. Next thing I know, he is laughing and running to grab the camera. This is what we found. Cinderella, cinderella!



Oh, and this is great. See how her thumb is retarded looking? She was playing with Tyson and a balloon, they both went for it and she came up crying and saying "owie" pointing to her thumb. I was working, so Greg brought her down to the hospital and I wasn't sure if it was dislocated or what, we took her to the ER, they took xrays, the doctor tried manipulating it, but was stumped and said,"if it's not looking better in 2-3 days, take her back to the doctor." Well, it wasn't better, so I took her to the family doc. He then called the orthopedic surgeon for a consult, we went over there and ta da: she actually has a trigger thumb, which means she can't straighten the thumb because there is a tendon that is too tight. She is scheduled for surgery on Friday to have that tendon released. The surgeon said it didn't happen with the balloon, that she has probably had it for awhile, but the balloon incident just brought it to our attention. What great parents we are, huh? Oh, and this is the second trip she has made to the ER in the past month and no I am not bragging about that. A few weeks ago we were at a restaurant and Kamryn was trying to get away, so Greg grabbed her arm, she resisted and dropped to the floor. Yeah, that dislocated her elbow. Another trip to the ER and another xray. Easy fix and she is fine. It was funny the second time with her thumb, when we went back for the xray she just sat on Greg's lap, stuck her thumb on the table, looked up at the xray machine and was smiling like in front of a camera. So funny, too bad I didn't have my camera for a pic like that!


2 comments:

Monica said...

Finally! More posts! I've been wondering if you dropped off the face! Her room turned out gorgeous, good job! Loooove the floors. I miss the real hardwood, I really prefer it over the Pergo we have now. I saw the cutest quote at Quilted Bear that I'm doing for Emery's room... "My finger may be small, but I can still wrap my daddy around it!" Cute huh!!

tammy said...

Love Kamryn's room. The floors turned out gorgeous. I love the scalloped thing over the window, it's great for a girls room. Good luck tomorrow if the surgery is still on.