Friday, October 3, 2008

Total Drama at the Lemke House!

So total drama today! But also hilarious from a parent point of view. So a little background. Caden and Tyson walk home from school, it is only about 3 blocks. Not a problem. Well Tyson started doing a physical phonics afterschool program for a couple of months to help with his speech, but he only does this on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So today is Friday. Well Caden walked home by himself thinking Tyson had Physical phonics. I was trying to nap because I had to work tonight. He came running in my room, woke me up to ask, "does Tyson have physical phonics today?" I told him no. His face dropped, "Oh no, mom, I just left Tyson alone at school." He went and told Greg, who told him to hop on his bike and go find him. Caden took off the same time Greg gets a call from my dad. My dad just got a call from a friend who lives 2 blocks away saying Tyson was at his house crying. My dad told my brother, who was with him, to go get Tyson. So then Greg went to go find Caden on his bike. Phewwwww! So then everyone is home safe and sound and I hear sniffling as I'm talking to my brother. Caden is crying because,"mom it was an accident, I didn't know he didn't have physical phonics. I didn't mean to leave him all alone." So I comforted him and healed his wounds. Then Tyson is crying, so I ask him what his problem was. He said,"I was scared cuz I was all alone, but this man was mowing his lawn and saw me crying. He got me a chair and said he knew my grandpa and would call him." So I comforted him and healed his wounds. Then it was time to shower and get ready for work.
A day in the life of the Lemkes!

4 comments:

Gardiner said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! That is funny! Greg wasn't the least bit concerned. "Get on your bike and go find him. P.S. Don't take candy from starngers or help some nice guy find his puppy!!" Your family is funny!

Annie said...

So, one time... I left Tate at preschool cause I slept through my alarm. His teacher called me and I went speeding up to his school bawling! The teachers husband was totally laughing at me, I felt so bad for Tate and so stupid. Glad to know other peoples children get left at school too :) Great story.. he, he.

Marci Lemke said...

Oh, I have also slept through alarms to remind me to pick children up from school. I hate it when I get a call from the school," um Mrs. Lemke, are you going to come pick up _______?" Talk about feeling stupid! Glad I'm not the only one!

Monica said...

Remember the time I really did follow through with the "if you don't hurry and eat you're going to school without breakfast" threat? And then the teacher called me and said "Garrett told me he's starving because you wouldn't give him anything to eat today, is that true?" Oh well, at least we try.